This entry-level presentation covers the basics of SQL Server’s security features and shares steps you can take to reduce security risks from multiple standpoints.
Securing SQL Server: Protecting Your Database From Attackers is an excellent resource on a wide variety of security topics. It walks readers through numerous ways to minimize security risks on their servers.
Protection from physical attacks & theft
Service Account Security
Protection from Network-based Attacks
- Choosing a SQL Server Authentication Mode
- SQL Server Connection Protocols
- A Look at the SQL Server Browser Service
- SQL Server Browser Service
Server & Database Security
- Fixed Server Roles
- User-Defined Server Roles
- Fixed Database Roles
- User-Defined Database Roles
- Application Roles
- SQL Server Backup Encryption